The Western News welcomes letters to the editor to give readers an opportunity to comment. We reserve the right to edit letters for length, grammar, clarity, good taste and legal issues. Letters considered libelous will not be published. Poetry letters will not be published. The maximum length for letters is 300 words. Thank-you letters will be published with a maximum limit of 12 individuals or groups. To allow everyone fair access, we will publish an individual letter writer once in any 30-day period. Letter writers are encouraged to submit their letters by e-mail, but we will accept printed-out letters that are dropped off at or mailed to our office.
To submit typed or printed-out letters, mail to: The Western News, P.O.
Box 1377, Libby MT 59923.
Letters must include names, street addresses and phone numbers to allow our news staff to verify authorship.
— The Western News
The News invites you to
contribute online comments. Please keep the following guidelines in
mind when posting a comment.
1. Please do not threaten or verbally abuse others with your
comments. Do not libel others (no name calling or using private
2. Please use good taste and respectful language so that all
readers feel welcome when commenting within this forum.
3. Please do not use language that abuses or discriminates.
4. Debate is welcome but do not attack others. It’s acceptable
to disagree and express your own opinions but please do so in a
5. Do not use the reader comments area to promote commercial
6. Ask yourself the following four questions before posting – Is
it a positive remark? Will I be hurting anyone? Children can come
to this site … is it appropriate for their eyes? Would I want my
name on this forum?
Note: Comments are not edited in any way
and are either approved or rejected in their original